Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Medical nightmare

Ok, so I finally saw the Doctor...the good and surprising results are that there is no cancer (thank god) I was so scared, I got put at high risk of cervical and all the other cancers in that area and with my family history I didn't think i would have much luck...but hey ...I beat the odds.But...(theres always a but huh) The cysts that I have are still there and very evident, the doctor was slightly concerned that with the amount of weight that I have lost and the meds that I have been on....she felt there should have been some change...so they are changing it up...new meds with some attatched hormone or something or other, and a re-test again in 3 months after the new meds....then theres the question of this never ending cold....how many weeks are we up to??? 7...8, I dunno, but new concerns that after the antibiotics I was on...cold should have gone too, so it appears my lungs aren't doing something that they should be so now I have a puffer thingy to open them up, and if the cough is there by Friday (this only gives me a few days with this puffer thing) then its off to have my chest x-rayed....(ha...maybe the cancer is hiding there...i'm such a optimist, cant you tell......then just to top it all off, I seem to have some sort of allergic reation to something and my body has some weird rash on it....I'm just a medical nightmare.
So with all this unhealthiness...I know I need to make my body as physically healthy as I can. Now dont laugh, on the weekend (Saturday) a friend and I went for a walk @ Brimbank Park...for people who dont know this park, there are alot of hills...we just walked it about a hour, well...today (wed) is the first day that my arse has stopped hurting, that walked has made my body hurt (especailly my ass) for the last few day....this has not happened in a lil while, I mean I have hit the gym, rode the bike, squats, crunches, and it hurt....but not like this....I felt like I had a pole up my behind....but tonight I plan to do it all again...I really need to re-focus (I know I have said this before) but with all these medical scares...I need to get happy and healthy with me. I really need to push, I really need to re-program me, Laura is a happy healthy person, who choses good and healty foods and a healthy lifestyle....this needs to be my lifestyle, not a fad, not a 6 week thing, this needs to become my life...I know this is going to be a long process, but I just have to do it. I have been also reading a book called the Low GI diet (or something like that) I know that Low GI living is what my body needs...I think that book can be a really good tool...I really am going to get ontop of it....just watch me go. HAPPY HAPPY HEALTHY LAURA....this is my challenge this is my commitment...no going back, one day at a time.

Oh...and thank-you for all the comments about MW, I have a great feeling that I will be seeing him this Saturday (T has another gig) so yeh....I will do as I have done for so many years....ignore and act as if he doesn't exisit...but...beware, if he comes up, says anything....he wont have a jaw to say anything to me again!!!
And why not, if any of you guys out there are into heavier music...not so much the boys band....that just, fun pumping crazy ass rock I guess...come along this Saturday, at the Spanish Club, its off Brunswick St in Fitzroy...headline band is .Hinge. (very good band in my opinion) boys band is just on before em...about 10.30pm I think and theres bands before that.
I probably wont be gutsy enough if any of you guys turn up and I recognise you to come and say hello...(you may work out its me if you see some chicky breaking a guys jaw) but yeh...come and have a good time if you have nothing better to do.....oh and also thanks for all the support during this time....you guys are just beautiful.

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

great writing Laura..makes for an interesting read...I meant to read for just a few seconds and got carried away for the last 10 minutes.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Thank goodness for that! I have been worried about you chicky. You hang in there.
Don't aim for the jaw, go for something that would hurt a bit more, a good swift kick. lol
:)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Woohoo - glad to hear things are looking better. Hopefully it will all get cleared up.

How did you hurt your butt walking? You weren't wearing a gstring were you?

10:32 PM  
Blogger Em said...

So are you a melbourne girl???
If so we could catch up for a coffee sometime if you like:)I'm a ballarat girl but i have some family in the fitzroy area (inlaws)
Now you be a good girl no punching as that leaves bruises so i am with ang a swift kick in the nether region wont leave any evidence lol:)
Em:)

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

told you not to worry too much about the results...

but i'm glad they came back negative.... and hopefully they'll help ease your mind a bit...

lol want a chest xray... come visit me!!!!!!

though you know i think what you really need is one of those whole body scans or something.... that might give you some piece of mind that there's nothing hiding inside you...

8:16 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Hi Laura,

I'm very happy to hear that the results were negative... see!! Told you that the only cancer was MW!! I would love to see you achieve your goal of being happy and healthy. You can do anything you set your mind to and be anything you want to be... you just have to have faith in yourself.

Love Rae x

11:18 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Honey i would love to come on saturday but i'm not sure how i will pull up after my tattoo that i'm getting hehe i am a sook lol but have wanted one for years:)
But catching up for skinny hot choc sounds like a plan:) one weekend when your not busy we should catch up i will send hubby and DD off to his family in fitzroy we can have a catch up:) hows that sound?
Em:)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jadey said...

It's so good to see you strong and positive! Welcome to the new and improved Laura. Do not talk yourself into ill health! This is what you do by being negative. Your body is a slave to your mind.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home