Thursday, January 26, 2006

loosers and winners

Ok...its been a weird few days eating wise, i'm starting to feel like i'm getting better at controlling the binge...havent felt that urge for a lil while (or at least I cant remember it happening) but with this control I seem to just want to eliminate all food....I keep thinking to myself if nyou dont eat you will loose weight....this has been my little battle lately...my mini mantra....its not how much you eat, its what you eat, make healthy choices and fuel your body right....I probably havent been eating as much as I should be, but its far from starvation, and I have had a few little nibbles at 'junk' food, but I feel more concious of this and dont feel so bad.
Water is still happening, really making a concious decision to make sure I am drinking it....oh, and exercise, I've been fairly good, working on more weight training at the min (dropped the cardio a bit) but its such a nice feeling to actually enjoy doing this....I did sit ups last night and I felt fantastically worked out and alive.
I'm going to aim to get into the gym in the next 2 weeks...these are my less crazy weeks at work....keep my focus on eating the right food and not, not eating...there will be no binging.
This is the year, its is our year we will all be loosers and winners.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fatinah said...

Hey Laura - way to go on staying binge free. Sounds like you're being careful with the not eating - you want to stay healthy.
It is so surprising to me to read that someone enjoys weight training - I'm thinking of starting weights myself. How long did it take to start liking it?
Awesome goal to have to go to the gym for the next 2 weeks. Good luck with that. You can do it!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

You have to be careful to eat enough to fuel your body or it will go into starvation mode. Just make sure you're eating plenty of the right stuff and you'll be fine. You're sounding so much more positive. It's great! Keep up the good work.
Bri

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you're keeping the water up...

isn't it crazy that you always crave all the food you can't have...

you're going good if you're starting to control the binges... that's a major fault of mine... my inability to control them

have a great weekend

7:50 PM  
Blogger Zhaan said...

Sounds like you are doing really well! Way to go resisting the binge and getting that exercise!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

I really admire you, I am at the other end of the scale. Unfortunately I'm an anorexic and life can be tough too, I'm trying to recover taking one day at a time. Even though we are both completely different in terms of weight, it's really cool you're battling through to win back your body! And not all anorexics are nasty thin people who hate the overweight, with me it's absolutely nothing to do with that at all, I love the bigger people, they're full of life and so much fun to be around =)

Keep up the good work!! And good luck

11:58 AM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Hi Laura,

I'm with Briony on this one. It is a fine balance between eating enough and not eating too much. When you eat too little and your body goes into starvation mode, it hangs onto the fat stores and eats into your muscle instead for it's energy. You should be on at LEAST 1200 calories a day.

Just keep at it Laura, bad habits don't happen overnight and they won't turn into good ones overnight either. It takes effort and it takes sacrafice, but it is worth it :)

Love Rae x

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah not in melb... in sydney.... (it's got way better weather!!!! lol
though have lots of friends moving down that way.. i might have to go down there for a visit!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and how could you not read the last john marsden book!!!!! lol it was the last one!!!! hahahahaha didn't you want to know what happened to them all!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home