Saturday, January 07, 2006

Attack of FAT

I thought things were going really well, was kicking through the depressive thoughts, really really really trying to be positive (after being negative a looooong time this is a very big challenge)
Was getting ready to have a shower when FAT attacked...I looked in the mirror and oh my GOD it was disgusting, I paniced, got shakey, started to cry...FAT cannot be back!
Had a pretty crappy nite after that, very self concious...just wanted to be home away from everyone.
But...although fat was back for a while, it did not win...I usually would begin the starvation process, or go the binge (who cared fat was here to stay) but this time I ate my meal, ordered fairly well and knew that tomorrow was another day....

So today, I can feel fat lurking, but i've been in control...I've had a ok day so far in terms of food...no exercise, but the end of this cold has made me very short of breath, so I have given myself the day off, and I dont feel too guilty cos I actually did exercise during the week! (might jump on the exercise bike for a bit after though)

Next aim, hit the gym tomorrow, got a long day...night...then day at work...(start at 2pm sun, finish 4.30pm Mon) So I hope to get the the gym Sunday morning knowing the next time I can probably get back is on Tuesday...heres hoping

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go out now for a quick walk... 10mins out 10mins back! it'll make you feel a whole lot better...

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Or jump on that bike NOW! Its amazing how much better it makes you feel to do something! Tell that fat to F**k off!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

well said, ladies above me!
Hope you get better quickly hun! And make time for yourself to go to the gym tomorrow (Sunday)...you can do it!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Well done for not giving in to the fat attack. And next time you look in the mirror, try zeroing in one your good features. It's too easy to just see the bad sometimes.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Shar said...

You seem to be thinking really positively Laura...I think that you are really on to something there. Positive thinking is something I want to work on this year...I really believe thinking positively about yourself (and generally) is a major part of the solution/battle - t's just so bloody hard when you've been conditioned otherwise! Good on you though, yo keep workin' that positive hard girl!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Be strong and keep fighting Laura. You are in a battle with the negative thoughts and you cannot afford to lose.

"It takes a little courage, and a little self-control.
And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal.
It takes a great deal of striving, and a firm and stern-set chin.
No matter what the battle, if you really want to win,
there's no easy path to glory. There is no road to fame.
Life, however we may view it, Is no simple parlor game;
But its prizes call for fighting,
For endurance and for grit;
For a rugged disposition that will not quit."

Navy SEAL Masterchief

Rae xxx

10:17 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Just keep going honey, if you keep going there will be less and less fat to scare you. You need to kick it's butt right out of here!
Bri

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One step at a time is what it takes. Be patient with yourself. You will get to where you want to be as time goes on. Hang in there.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home