Sunday, January 01, 2006

together we can all be winners

Have just spent the last few days at the Pyramid Rock Festival, have never been so happy to get home and shower and wash 3 days of filth off me (the showers there did not come close to cutting it) I tried really hard to have a good time, but in typical Laura style I was shitty and crappy and just wanted to go home.
Then just in true Laura fashion, I get home and I just went on the biggest binge, after my very healthy sandwhich (which looked to be a promising start to the new year) I ate chips, the pizza shapes, water melon, icecream, heaps of soft drink, biscuites, pizza, not sure if I missed anything, but honestly could the list get any worse! I felt like total crap after that, I was sure I was gonna throw up, but it didn't happen. (great way to bring on the new year hey)
I watched a show this afternoon called 'I can change your life' was about a girl with the body morphing thingy, she reminded me alot of me (not as extreem) but it was defiently interesting to see how this guy worked with her to make the changes.
I want there to be changes for me, I have a few aims for the year, I need to ditch the fat!
I want to do the things that made me happy, that I lost for a long time.
I want to sing everyday, I love to sing...I did lessons for like 7 years, I want to to find my voice!
I want to dance..dancing is my life, it is my absolute love and I have lost it, I want to move everyday, I want to find the movement in my body!
I want to eat well (no more repeats of today) I know the potential of just how sick I can get if I dont follow the diet i'm meant to be on...I need to stay strong, I need to fuel my body the right way so I can function right. I need to remeber that its not a diet, its a lifestyle, I dont really get the choice... if I want to be healthy I need to eat right...
So, my smallest goal to achieve is to get my arse into the gym tomorrow, no excuses, no bullshit, time to get in there and begin this year properly...
For everyone out there... 06 is the time for the change, keep fighting the whole way through, in hope that together we can stand strong and we can all be winners....I want us to all be winners.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zhaan said...

Hey there, thank you for the kind words on my blog.

You have a great attitude about the new year, you can do anything you want to!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally agree - we do need the support of others, and with it, we can do anything!!
Have you been to the gym yet?I am just planning my food and then am going to do a walk!! GO US!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Happy New Year. Put the binge behind you cos you know you can do this. Did you make it to the gym?

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree the binge is behind you... what's done has been done... just take it one meal at a time... and you'll get there..
losing weight is a hard thing to do, and to actually obtain your goal you need support...

we're all here to support each other, and together we're going to make this a year of celebrations
because we're all going to make it to where we want to be!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

"together we can stand strong"
Oh how true is that? Hey lol at the shower, cause I had the same thing when staying at the bach. I wonder if I actually lost any weight washing all that filth off? hehe

1:36 PM  
Blogger Em said...

It's called 'Body Dismorphia' It is a clinical syndrom that can end a persons life, It is so sad to think that someone can hate themselves that much!!
I think thats what's so gret about these blogs and people like you that are so willing to help otehrs in their goals:)
I want to thankyou for visiting my blog and the loevly comments you left:) Nice to see a new face;)
Keep up the good work at the gym and stay away from those pizza shapes:)
Em

10:00 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

I am also one of those people who really benefits from blogging. It's great to know we have our virtual support team around whenever we're feeling down.
Bri

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home