Monday, January 02, 2006

If I can do it...so can you!

And the question is...did I go to the gym???? Well, after making up a hundred and one excuses, not being able to find my runners (can you tell its been a while...I finally found 'em) feeling awfully fat...I got into the car and I went to the gym....what a struggle it was to get there, but I did it....I didn't do greatly, 15mins on the stair thingy, 20mins on the treadmill, 40mins on the sitdown sort of bike....then I left, but the main thing is that I went....isn't it????

I'm doing some more riding on my exercise bike at home.

But the truth is, if I didn't blog it, if I knew you guys were not gonna see it, I dont think I would have gone....you out there are truely my inspiration, like I said in my last post....'I want us all to be the winners'

I nearly fucked it up today...made a nice healthy salad sandwhich....then I saw the chips and the pizza shapes, I started to eat it, only a few...it was a fight but I put them away and decided to make a nice healthy dinner and some extra to freeze for when i'm at work....I made a lentil soup...I am so proud, its really yummy and really healthy...I cant wait for dinner!

So here I go again...goal for tomorrow is to get back to the gym again...just that little step...but in hope I will do it. Please be ready to aim and fire if I re-blog and this hasn't happen.

Mini mantra....I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.....and if I can do it so can you!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

You will go to the gym tomorrow!! Well done for displaying self-control today. Big pat on the back for you. :) I think I need to take a leaf out of your book.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

BRILLIANT Hun!! You did a lot actually@ the gym, what a great first day.

I want us all to be winners too, or literally losers lol I'm so making 2006 the year I get and maintain my goal. Losing this fat is something we can all achieve!

I make up a hundred excuses too and I think it's such a massive step you took over them all and went anyway. Good on you!

Hmm your dinner has made me hungry - you can enjoy it so much too because you know it's healthy, how awesome is that!

Have fun @ the gym tomorrow

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jadey said...

Good work Laura!!
Tomorrow you'll get up and do it again! Winners are Grinners :D

5:49 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Good on you Laura! You did great at the gym today....
Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I hope you don't mind but Im bookmarking your blog so I can come back and read your updates!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Hi there, i have left a msg in your other post to (togetehr we can all be winners)
Anywho i was reading through your posts and i the word that kept popping up was 'FAT' honey not to trivialize it but fat is a word it doesn't make you the person you are! what will happen to you when you can no-longer hide behind that word??
We can do this together, we can fihgt this battle with eating healthy and getting active, but you also have to work on the inside too, you need to get it all out whatever is bottled up inside and work on it easy said i know but you are a wonderfull person and deserve to be happy:)
Sorry for my ranting the counsellor in me sometimes get's out;)
Em

10:10 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

That is just so fantastic to hear Laura, and a resounding YES, to your question about all that matters is that you went!! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I sometimes find that if I focus on the end result too much, it all seems too daunting, but if I keep my head down and focus on just one foot in front of the other, you look up one day and your goal is right in front of you and you didn't even realise!!

Keep strong,

Rae xxx

12:15 AM  
Blogger rose said...

Way to go! Getting to the gym is always the hardest part. I'm working out today so you'd better too!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Good on you for going to the gym - you are doing great!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

first time reader and poster. Nice blog! Way to go the gym! i have to get out there and move too.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Zhaan said...

1) You went
2) You worked out over 1 hour!!!

That's huge!! Way to go! :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Yummy Mummy said...

Good on you - we all need a kick in the butt at times!! But you went - way to go!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home