Friday, January 06, 2006

Control

Yes, it may seem that I was a lil hard on myself the other night, thats what usually happens to me...bad night...get depressed....stay depressed...think whats the point....then give up!
So...do I give up...hell no.
I had my time to think about it, and read through so many encouraging messages, I re-remember 'this is the year of winners' and I still plan to be one.
I always focus on the negatives, so this time round why not look at the positives.
Its only a few days into this new year...no I haven't made all the greatest choices with my eating or my exercising, but I have been more in control...with my night of drinking, yes I did eat the toast...not so long ago I would have said 'stuff it' and ate the loaf of bread....here comes a confession...I have ate pizza shapes almost every day since my big binge, but I have had like 3 or 4 rather than the whole pack...I went out for dinner with a friend, yes I ate some of the herb bread...but I only ate a healthy portion of the really oversized meal....heres the big one, not more than a hour ago my friend gave me a huge bowl of tim tam ice cream (I didn't even know this existed) and instead of giving into the tempatation, I had the smallest taste (I just had to try it) and put the rest back into the tub....and you know what, I felt good that I had that control, I haven't felt like I have been in control of anything in a long time, and now...I have some control of this.
I have alot to thank you guys out there for again, I'm not sure how well I would have done on my own...but hey, I GOT THROUGH IT!!!
So, I'll put it out there again, the cold feels like its starting to go away(nose has stopped running...yes YUK!), so tomorrow my aim is to get back into the gym after work...keeps your fingers crossed for me!

11 Comments:

Blogger TOWR said...

Yay! Keep it up! The longer you go, the easier it will be to keep control. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a little taste of ice cream or a couple of chips here and there. The important thing, as you said, is not to go overboard. And even more important is to KEEP GOING! If you make a mistake, shrug it off and pick yourself back up. You'll definitely fail if you quit, but if you keep trying, eventually you will succeed! I'm so excited for you!!

3:10 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Awesome Laura, you know they say you can have everything in moderation... and you're doing just that - having the good foods in bulk and just tasting or having a little of the not-so good foos, doing absolutely wonderful!

You should totally be patting yourself on the back.

Remember to take it a little easy at the gym if you're still getting over the sickness but by all means do whatever you think you can do. And you're so right about control - you have complete control over this and that's great you see it, very empowering.

They say, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is untold, all we know is today and controlling what happens right now.

Keep up the great work! With that attitude you'll be a big winner.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Wow!
I'm impressed!
:) A
PS Keep it up

8:47 AM  
Blogger Zhaan said...

Way to go with your new healthy habits and portion control. Sounds like you are making good choices! :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the control! and although we may have helped - YOU DID IT!!! Not anyone else, you did it yourself, and you can do it again!!!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it gets easier each day you do it... and soon you'll be feeling so in control it's not funny...

well done for just having a taste... yeah if you hadn't you'd have likely gone and eatent he whole bowl a few mins later just to try it... and i bet you enjoyed that mouthful you tried... lol

well done... it's little steps like these that will help you achieve your goal

11:06 AM  
Blogger RaeC said...

It may seem like they are small victories, but every victoy no matter how small counts BIG TIME!! All those little victories add up to a huge victory in the end, they accumulate, kind of like a rollover plan... LOL!!

You are most certainly starting off the year on the right foot :)

Rae x

To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don't wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.
--Alan Cohen

12:49 PM  
Blogger Fatinah said...

I really think that if we gave ourselves permission to have a taste once in a while, we would be quite successfull in the long run - there would be no reason to binge. Well done. You are back in control. It's corney - but slow and steady wins the race! Good luck with your workout - don't over do it!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Good on you for showing control...and like the people above me have said...it does get easier the longer you do it! Good luck with you workout tomorrow hun....Have a wonderful weekend!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jadey said...

Good work hun!!!
I love your positive post ! The mind is a powerful thing - the body is but a slave!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are moving full speed ahead! Good for you! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home