Wednesday, January 18, 2006

confessions

Ok...so I didn't go the gym...but this is not such a bad thing...I had quite a night out last night (which after driving to her house we decided to walk to the bar from there) was fairly good...but I did pick a few chips from my bf's plate (but I didn't order a bowl) Had a pretty good time, apart from all my selfconcious thinking....we didn't walk home, singer from the band playing decided we were getting a life, but when we got back to her house, there it was...some of you out there may jump with joy, cos i'm sure that more than one of you have made the suggestion...anyway...there it was 'confessions of a reformed dieter' I casually glanced at it (you see not many, infact, not really anyone besides this blog world now my complete and utter strive for this weight loss and search for happiness) picked it up like I pretended I didn't know what it was, and decided to in my most casual i'm not trying to lose weight voice ask if its a good book (she hasn't read it yet)then tell her I have nothing to read and it looked funny (ha ha)
SO I got the book, it is funny, but is really making me think...especially about eating and not starving, for so long I thought I had so much power if I didn't eat...and when I did loose weight I did it by eating...so big reminder for me IT IS OK TO EAT!!!
Then it got me thinking about being a 'big girl' this was something I heard alot when I was carrying the extra 15+ kilos I lost...I seem to forget that the 15kgs I lost are in the past (well bar the few I put back on...grrrrrrr...) I still, after this all happening a year ago, cannot accept that my body did change and some of the fat is gone.
Well that was a mighty ramble, I don't think I want to read back over it either...maybe you can tell me if anything I say makes sense...but yes, so far I am147 pages into the book and really enjoying it...Now back to this not going the gym...
Well I woke up and all the contents that I thought had dissapeared from my nose seemed to be there again(will this cold ever go) I felt tiered and wanted to cry for posting it up there...and by 3pm I realised that I had only gotten through a 600ml bottle of water...so instead of curling up inot a ball I jumped on the exercise bike, did 60mins riding, managed to push myself into doing 150 sit ups (in intervals) and the same in squats...so i'm feeling not to bad.
OHHHHH,and heres a big one...I know there are pizza shapes in the cupboard, but today....not even one, not a sniff not a lick not anything. One day at a time, I'm gonna make it, one day at a time.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Well done, it didn't sound like you need the gym, you have your own system going and thats great!!
hopefully this cold dissapears fully, and you can get back into the full swing of things!
:)

6:07 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

This cold sounds nasty. Hopefully it will go soon.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

awesome that you're aware of the things you've accomplished! I think it's such an important thing to look back on, and we so easy forget how far we've come when we're focused on getting to the goal ahead.

You are SO right, about your body changing and that in itself should validate to you that you CAN do this, you HAVE done this. :)

Awesome @ the workout - push yourself through those limits Hun!! and the not even wanting the shapes is so great!!

You're doing wonderfully - I hope that bloody cold lets up soon. But like I said before I have no doubt you can push through it.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh yeah, I meant to leave a comment the other day then totally forgot -- about your comment about Torquay. I just wanted to say it made me smile because my sister and I used to decide to drive to Torquay in the middle of the night and we'd get all the way down there then be like - well this is it and turn around and go home.

Good to know we aren't the only ones that do stuff like that :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Fatinah said...

Holy exercising, Batman! 150 sit ups? I'd be happy with 10!!! That is so awesome!!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger 14pk said...

lol i'm with you fatinah...WHAT A LEGEND!!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really liked that book and read it superfast - not only are you allowed to eat, but you HAVE to! Just the right things.
As for the exercise thats awesome for a healthy person, let alone someone feeling like crap

Oh and no one knows I am trying to lose weight either - so I probably wouldnt even have got the book!LOL

8:20 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

WOW! You didn't need the gym! Hope that cold goes away soon...sounds horrible! I have to chek out that book too...hearing lots of good things about it.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't it great to read other things about other who have done it and succeeded...

this cold of yours sounds like it doesn't want to go away!!!!


mmm reckon it's wrong to be reading weightloss blogs while eating chocolate??????

9:10 PM  
Blogger TOWR said...

Congrats on your eating epiphany! I often have to tell myself that food isn't good or bad. It just is. I can only blame myself for my weight issues. I also avoid thinking things like "I've been good" or "I've been bad." Weight has nothing to do with goodness or badness. It's just a scientific function and we have to decide if we are going to control it or let it control us. Period.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Cinders said...

AJ would be rapt to hear someone say "OMG, I am allowed to eat". Hope u feel better soon.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home