Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The many moods of Laura

I must be the moodiest blogger round at the minute, up one minute down the next...hey welcome to my life....Today, well today seems to be a good day, with some 'less' desirable days of eating I have managed to be almost we days strong...bar the fact I ate one piece of veggie pizza, 2 handfuls of pizza shapes (whats with me and pizza) and a cream egg (one of my clients bought it for me) but on the upside this could almost be 30mins or less of bad eating for me on a bad day....I also have managed to put in some exercise, a fair bit of bike riding (god bless having a bike at home) and lots of squats and tummy crunches....oh, and I have kept my water drinking right up, I cant believe how many bottles I have been able to get down...keeping my water in a drink bottle is working for me so much better than getting a glass...i've drunk about 3 600ml bottles today so far!
I'm feeling a heap better, this cold is almost almost over (this time I think its for real...I sneezed today without loosing half the contents in my nose...yuk, yes I know)
In this past few days of better eating and exercising, I feel like a whole change has happened, I remeber what it feels like to feel good on the inside, slightly healthier, that lil more energy.....I was at this point some time ago (before I lost the plot) my body seems to recognise this feeling and is clinging to it...I couldn't wait to get home today so I could do some exercise...yes i'm riding the bike again....but I guess you could say i'm feeling more alive. (could this be the today I was looking for)
I like this feeling, i'm far from liking myself...in fact i'm still avoiding the mirror (I know I need to go out tonight so i'm in a little bit of a self-concious mode) but i'm gonna take this small step to feeling good and hold onto it as long as i can!
I have the day off tomorrow...so here it is, my aim is to get out to that gym again....yes i'll brave it alone.
SO, now, again and again...thank-you for so many of those comments that you have been posting, you people have been my rock! Lets keep this year happening.

8 Comments:

Blogger Briony said...

Good to hear you sounding more positive. Have fun at the gym tomorrow.
Bri

1:50 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

What a lovely change in your mood!! And don't worry too much about being up and down, talking it out on your blog would help ~ we're all here to support you.

Plus I'm the same way, so upbeat and then the next post is so down ;D So I know what it's like.

You're doing awesome Hun, and wait a go for riding the bike!! I crack up every time you mention you're riding right this minute and I am marvelling at your ability to type and exercise, I can barely keep my body co-ordinated during exercise haha.

Good luck with the Gym tomorrow, I'm sure you'll have an awesome work out!

Hang on to that feeling of wanting to drive yourself. It'll help push past all that other stuff.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Yay ... I like the happy Laura!
:) A

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ever noticed that the more you drink water the more water you actually want....

great to see you happy!!!

mmm water.... the only bad thing is you have to pee way too much during the day!

8:57 PM  
Blogger 14pk said...

yay for laura!!!!!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Fatinah said...

yay! you're back!! you're a wild woman with the water - what an inspiration - I'm going to go get a glass as soon as I post this comment!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Great to hear you more positive hun...and all that water...good for you! Enjoy the gym tomorrow!

3:46 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Don't worry about the mood swings... I think that is commonly referred to as "being human"... :) We all have days like that.

So I'm doing the rounds checking on people's progress... whoop, whoop, whoop... here comes the exercise police... LOL!!

Did you get to the gym hon?

Will chat to you soon...

Love Rae x

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home