Tuesday, January 10, 2006

challenge me!

I feel horrible...this cold still has the better of me, when i'm not working all I want to do is sleep...didn't make it to the gym, the cough is just too bad...Doing some bike riding now and after only 5 mins my chest feels about ready to cave in, the sweat is starting to pour....its at these times that giving up feels just so easy...my eating was far from desiarble the last few days...I gave into pizza yesterday and ice cream....I was just so tired that I didn't care.
Works a massive challenge for me, cos I work in houses theres food there all the time and theres bad foods that are so easy to get!
Just so many challenges that seem so hard at the moment...I read through so many blogs and see such fantastic results so many motivated and strong people...I've been asking for everyone to support each other and I feel like the weak link.
I dont want to be the weak link, I want to be strong...this is my year, this is our year...together we are strong....I will become strong.
So i'm looking for challenges...at the minute I feel weak and seem to be giving in...but I know how I am around others...i'm the type of person that if I make a promise, I keep it.
So if there are any challenges out there in this blog world, anything, may be drinking more water, getting to the gym...I dunno, you guys are creative....but yeh, i'm looking for weekly challeneges...
So if you have a challenge for me little or big (please be somewhat kind) send em to me and i'll pick one maybe 2 a week and see if I can pick myself back up and become the best I can be.

We are all going to be winners..be proud of your achievements so far

12 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I know how your feeling just getting over a cold too:(
Hope you feel better soon darl:)
Em

1:36 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

I think you need to get better before you can challenge yourself too much. Make sure you keep your fluids up, it sounds like you need them. Have you been to the doctor? Just try to do what you can, but don't push it. It's not good to push yourself too hard when you're not well. Hope you feel better soon.
Bri

2:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My challenge for you !!! BE NICE TO YOURSELF! You have not failed! You are not going to fail. you are unwell and are by no means the week link! Getting on your bike for 5 minutes (and unwell) is HARD! And maybe once you feel better I will think of another one!

2:45 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Hi Laura,

My challenge for you this week is to take 3 gentle walks for 45-60 minutes, and make sure you carry a bottle of water to replenish your fluids. I'm not talking a hard powerwalk or anything, just a gentle walk to get your body moving a bit while it is still recovering.

Rae x

3:57 PM  
Blogger TOWR said...

You're sick! Take it easy! You're burning extra calories just by fighting off the virus. And maybe by working out you're actually making yourself sicker. My advice would be to take it easy, be extra good about your eating, drink plenty of water, and once you're feeling better, get back to the work outs. Don't worry about losing weight. Worry about getting better. The weight will come eventually! :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

I had a cold while I was in NZ and it sucked big time. I hope you get over it soon and can get back into your plan. The challenges everyone else has set for you sound good, and very doable! Remember, this is a way of life now, not a way to life. When you have a bad day just count it, learn from it and keep going. I know you can do this.

Have you read AJ Rochester's latest book - The Lazy Girl's Guide to Getting Fit? I read it the other day and it really pumped me up and was a very motivating read - nothing I didn't already know, but still good. Maybe treat yourself to it? (Be nice to yourself challenge fulfilled!)

Take care and get better soon xx

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate being sick....

mmm a challenge hey...

i challenge you to do something you used to do as a kid...

mmm pizza!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

You need to get better hun before challenging yourself!
And like what has already been said, keep up the fluids...water that is, not alcohol...LOL

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My challenge for you is to think three positve things about yourself EVERY day!! You will be amazed at how you feel by doing this.

I hope the cold subsides soon for you.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

you are by no means the weak link - we all have bad days and we all have great days and when it's one or the other - this support system will be here cheering you on.

I think I've been harping on this for a while but you really need to take it easy (and I don't mean pig out or anything) but if you keep trying to push your body while it's trying to fight the flu - you'll just prolong it.

Once you're 100% you should jump onto one of the challenges floating around (normally 12-16wks) - can't think of the links off the top of my head, I'll have to get back at you.

Rest up now!

11:09 AM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Hi Laura,

I asked coach about exercising with a cold or flu and this is the advice...

The rule of thumb for exercising while sick is called the above/below the neck rule. If your symptoms appear above the neck (runny nose, sneezing, sore throat) then yes, you can continue with a low-intensity workout.

If your symptoms are below the neck (diahrrea, intense coughing, vomiting, fever), then the American College of Sports Medicine and CDC suggest you let your illness run its course before resuming physical activity.

And also, although "comfort food" will make you feel better while you are eating it during sickness, it will only prolong the sickness because your body isn't getting all the nutrients it requires in order to recover. I have done it both ways and I recovered a lot quicker eating homemade chicken soup with loads of veges and a bit of pasta.

Just my two cents worth!! I hope this helps and that you are feeling better :)

Rae xxx

10:50 AM  
Blogger Zhaan said...

I've heard the if it's above the neck OK to workout if it's below then don't stuff too. Just take care of yourself, drink lots of water, take airborne if you can find it in your area (look in a drugstore around the cold meds...it's herbal/vitamin..boost your immune response), and rest rest rest.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home