Tuesday, January 31, 2006

a story about keys

What a crappy few days....I got assulted by a cleint at work, shes almost 60 and managed to take such a good swipe that she got me good and it was only 8am when this happened...this was a start to a bad day...so already in a crappy mood I go to do my medication checks, all good, until I realised that one of the clients keys to her locker (where the meds are kept) is lost...gone...dissapeared, I called the other chicky I was working with and we searched everywhere (even bins) no keys...called the team leader (shes not to bad about this) but crap, how could I have lost the key....so both of us in a rush to get to the office for a meeting (and already running late) I call the office to say we'll be about 15mins late....off to the cars we go...chicky i'm working with has left her lights on and the car wont start....so me being the nice person I am decides i'll help her out being seeing if between the 2 of us we could 'push start' the car....well, no such luck, by this time we are both soaking wet cos the rain was falling, she says shes call the RACV and for me to head off to the office...good idea, until I look at my car key which I was holding in my hand which is now bent...oh shit, so we try to straighten out, now people, this is not a good idea cos my once nice car key that turned into a bent car key is now a snapped in half car key (and the only copy of the key that I have) Sooooo, you can imagine how bad it sounds having to call back the office to tell them that not only is chicky's car not working but I have snapped my car key in half therefore neither of us have a functional car....so after the RACV turning up we head off to locksmiths (many who say that they cant help) but finally one who says they can...I HAVE A KEY..go back to the car...the key doesn't fit...back to locksmith...finally it works...and back at work there is my team leader not looking too impressed....why, cos she had found the missing key AFTER she had already cut the lock with bolt cutters (SHIIIIIITTTTTT) Anyways, today was just as crap, I finally braved it to the doctors....after having this cold for a month I decided it may be time....got meds for that then had to go through a heap of tests and more to come on Friday....scared I am to find out about the results....so people I wont say what i'm being tested for, but keep your fingers crossed for me.
As far as eating I think i'm on a 80/20 ratio, 80% good eating 20% bad....so yeh, i'm not being too down on myself...my legs and stomach are killing me today (maybe the abs and ass/thigh exercises are doing something) so i'm gonna keep at it....hope all of you are well out there...lets keep our fight going....winners we will be.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

WHAT A DAY!!! OMG, I actually laughed at one point, I know I shouldn't have, but it just didn't seem real.

Good luck with the test results!! My fingers will be crossed for you.
:) A

6:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BLODDY NORA!! ALl in one day - that would make such a good episode of a sitcom! Hope you had a large vodka after that!
As for you test results my fingers and toes are firmly crossed - hope everything is ok.
Well done with the 80/20 - I think thats a great way to control your eating without becoming obsessed (which I can definately be called at times!)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Arrgghh... when things start going down hill, they keep going.

My son told me he snapped their garage key in two and tried to superglue it back together. I thought that was a fool idea but it actually worked!

Good luck with the thighs and abs.

7:26 PM  
Blogger 14pk said...

far out!!!!!

good luck with the test results..!!!

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude when it rains it pour hey...

sounmds like you win... your day was so much worse than mine....

have to laugh though about you snapping your car key in half!!!! :o)

just think tomorrow cant be quite so bad!

12:49 AM  
Blogger TOWR said...

Consider my fingers crossed for you!

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fasting can make you look much thinner in only a couple of days. You may not lose a significant amount of weight, but it will look like you have. It can make your waist noticeable thinner and clean up blemishes or skin problems.
Link to this site. vegan weight loss plan

2:30 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Ugh, when it rains it truly does pour.

Sorry you had such a shit day Hun!! Glad to hear you have another car key though, I would freak.

At least the weekend is over!! And you can have better days ahead *knock on wood*

Nice eating ratio too, I think that's the general rule of thumb and if you allow yourself a treat now and then you won't be so harsh on yourself when you do cause you know it's all accounted for! Good for you!!

Here's to a great week, winners will be indeed ;D

9:16 AM  
Blogger Briony said...

Holy crap - all that and you only ate bad 20% of the time, you're a legend girl!
Good luck with your results.
Bri

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came accross the term "low carb crockpot recipes 3fc" the other day and I did not know what it was. When I search for it I found your site. Thought you might find that interesting :)

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home