Friday, February 24, 2006

Blow Out

And just when I thought that I was going soooo well... and I had a bit of a blow out....was a very very stressful night at work (knifes pulled, a car accident,assult) and I had a mini shut down and reverted back into my old ways of using food to comfort me....so heres the list I ate
*a kinder surprise chocolate (it was a lil one)
*2 pieces of white bread
*2 snack size packs of chips
*and those jelly type lollies
and I did not do any extra exercise
Yes...this is not a good list, but oh...if it has taught me something and by putting this out here I sure as hell hope it teaches you guys a lesson (isn't it fun to learn from others mistakes)
I woke up this morning feeling like crap (and I am 100% sure this is because of the food choices that I made) I felt tired, I had no energy, my stomach felt sick, I even had a bit of a head ache.
I think this was a good moment for me, I dont want to feel like this...I dont want to feel the regret for eating like this the next day...then it got me thinking...I feel so crap now, yet I put my body through heaps more than what I did last night...how the fuck did I function back then....so from this very moment...not tomorrow or Monday or sometime in the future, I pick right back up from before this blow out...and I get straight back on it...I can do.
SO...people learn from my lesson...bad foods make you feel bad...good foods make you feel good...very simple mantra...stick to good stuff and we are all gonna benifit from it....I mean next time you feel like your missing out by not having that chocolate or something...think of me (feeling like crap) and how much more you are worth.


PS...they did find my boys car...the good news, theres still a full tank of petrol...and everything is still in it....they did steal the arial though...hmmmmm....seems like a pretty pointless thing to steal huh :P

9 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Soooo glad they found the car! very very odd indeed.
hmmmm if you removed the chipies from the list, it isn't at all that bad. White bread isn't exactly the devil.... yeah its much worse for you that brown, but hey there are even worse foods out there!
Take care and thanks for the lesson. lol

3:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

good lesson learned, I unfortunately, keep relearning it! I go along swimmingly for weeks and then have a food breakdown and feel like shit the next day. It definitely makes you wonder.....how did I ever used to function when I'd go out drinking every night and snacking of potato chips and bars of chocolate?? Apparently, age makes a difference.

Have an awesome day!

2:49 AM  
Blogger TOWR said...

Aw, you're too hard on yourself. Seriously. That list wasn't that bad. I was expecting something like "2 Big Mac Value Meals, 3 chocolate shakes, 5 beers..." You're doing fantastic and even the best of us slips up a time or two. :) Way to get right back on track. That's the way to do it! You've got a great attitude and you're going to reach your goal!

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for finding the car... weird... maybe they just wanted an ariel!!!!

though strnager things have happened...

mmmm a kinder surprise hey... haven't had one in yrs... what toy did you get!?!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

That list really isn't too bad. You really are very hard on yourself honey. Hope your weekend is getting better.
Bri

9:58 AM  
Blogger RaeC said...

It sounds like you and Beki have had a similar experience with a little blowout... and in the scheme of things, believe me it is LITTLE!! This is what I wrote on her blog, so maybe it will help you also...

"If we don't forgive ourselves for our mistakes, and others for the wounds they have inflicted upon us, we end up crippled with guilt. And the soul cannot grow under a blanket of guilt, because guilt is isolating, while growth is a gradual process of reconnection to ourselves, to other people, and to a larger whole."
-- Joan Borysenko

This journey you have embarked upon is not a straight road as far as the eye can see with no bumps in it. There will be sharp turns and twists and you will be travelling along nicely, only to turn the corner and be confronted by a huge mountain.

Sometimes it is smooth sailing, sometimes it is a struggle. But it is worth travelling and you will grow as a person while you push through, under, over and around the obstacles.

The ONLY thing that matters is that no matter what appears in your path, that you continue the journey.

Stay strong and let the guilt go... it's a waste of energy.

Onwards and upwards, reconnect with your internal fire and keep your eye on the prize!!

Love Rae xxx

1:52 PM  
Blogger Em said...

I know that feeling darl!!!
And i am sooo glad you have learned from your mistake:) but also remeber that we all have breaking points with stress and we all have ways of dealing with them some we can change to be more healthier but others we just have to get along with :) just add some extra exercise if you feel that bad;)
Em

7:19 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

hehe I like that mantra, it makes SO much sense, you think I'd learn... from my own experience.

Anyways that sounded like a really stressful night, I hope everything turned out ok.

Glad to hear your boy's car was found and everything still there! That's kinda random and stupid to just steal a arial, do they have any idea who did? Sounds like young kids.

7:52 PM  
Blogger jeannie* said...

SUCH a good lesson. I keep learning it. But one of these days its going to stick -- I swear! haha.

Glad you're back on track and doing well. Keep it up!!!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home