Sunday, February 19, 2006

magic and mayhem

So, its been a interesting few day, went for my walk in the park and went for a hour long walk along the beach on Saturday, but now my body is so sore (my ribs) eh, go figure, I dont know how a walk can do that but thats the way it went...Still trying to be very focused with exercise, was going to try and do a slow walk today...but it just hurts to much.
So back to Saturday...went to see the boys band, was a ok show, not the best I've seen (sound guy was crappy) anyways, I see a familiar face in the room...the old singer of the band Dave, so excited to see him, last time I saw him was my 21st B'day and i'm hitting 23 not so far away...so its been a while....I stop him and say 'hi', he has the weirest look on his face like I know you..but who the hell are you....then theres like a click...'Laura!' then theres no feet on the ground his picked me way up high in the biggest hug...'fuck....you look amazing, radiant'....the poor boy didn't stop for a while...i'm so embarassed, then I realise, Dave hasn't seen me since before I lost the weight...I dunno if i'd call it a confidence boost but it was nice to realise again that I have lost weight and that I can and will loose more to be a happy healthy me...Well, Dave was by my side all night and I swear I just had the best time, after the bands we went to some bar playing bad 80's music and we just danced and danced and danced, while the others all sat at a lounge...it was magic, it was like Dave reminded me what it was like to have fun....I havent had fun like this in ages, I swear it was like magic! Oh, but with Laura...magic is followed by mayhem...about 5am I am buzzing, dont wanna say my good-byes if I could i'd still be partying....ok so we'll get a coffee (yay) so i'm in the car gave my boy a call to see where we are all heading to...and I get...My cars gone...the car is stollen.....yep...gone.
SO....after my little bit of magic it all ended up in disaster...hmmmm, is the world trying to tease me...we'll give you a lil...then rip the lot plus more from under your feet....crap.
But I guess we just keep trying...long week of work coming up...must focus on not eating too much crap...who knows when I'll see Dave again...would love to see his new reation if I can get it the rest of the weight off :P

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck....

someone stole your car....

that's horrible...

have they found it yet???

was it insured???

but at least you had a great night before that all happened...

sure you don't crave even a little meat!!!!! meat's yummy!!!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

I'm with Ali.... details please!

Sounds like an AWESOME night apart from that!!!

:) Hope it all sorts itself out.
Take care
A

4:31 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Hope they find your car soon honey, can't imagine how I would ever cope without a car.
Good that you had a great night though.
Bri

4:57 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

what the fuck your car?! that is soo messed up.

I hope they find it soon...was it insured???

Dang I'm glad you had a bit of fun though and your friend gave you lots of compliments! And you're so right, you HAVE lost weight and you WILL lose the rest!

Hope you get your car back soon. Poor thing.

5:20 PM  
Blogger TOWR said...

That's AWESOME! Not the part about the car, though. That sucks. I hope you get your car back soon! :(

2:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the magic!!!! What a nice way to remember that you are looking great and that you do know how to have fun.
Not so great about the mayhem though, what a way to end the night!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger 14pk said...

oooooooo i've had my car stolen so not fun aye!!!

hope they find it soon, mine turned up in a random park all oiled up!!! yuk

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home